Lisa A. Turner, DDS, MSD
Dr. Lisa Turner, a native of Richmond, Virginia, completed both undergraduate and graduate studies at Old Dominion University. After completing a Doctor of Dental Surgery degree with honors from Virginia Commonwealth University (MCV) School of Dentistry, she continued her post-doctoral surgical training at VCU for three years, earning a certificate in Periodontics with a Master of Science in Dentistry.
Dr. Turner is board certified in Periodontology and Dental Implant Surgery, through the American Board of Periodontology, a recognized certifying specialty board by the American Dental Association. She is committed to practicing at the forefront of her field offering cutting-edge dental implant and periodontal surgical techniques, as well as serving in organized dentistry as a board member for the Virginia Society of Periodontists, being selected to join a first ever state-wide dental leadership committee as well as acting as a delegate for the Virginia Dental Association. Her research has been published and presented at the International Association of Dental Research in Brisbane, Australia in 2006, and presented at the Southern Academy of Periodontology meeting in Sarasota Florida, in 2017.
A lifelong dream of coastal living brings her to Southwest Florida. After practicing periodontics in Virginia for several years, she is excited to join Venice Periodontics and Dr. Susan LaMar, who shares a similar passion and commitment to her field, and has practiced periodontics in Venice, Florida for over twenty years. Dr. Turner looks forward to working full-time to deliver exceptional care to the patients in Venice, and surrounding communities. Her experience collaborating with other dentists and medical specialists will enable her to provide the best possible care for our patients, improving both their periodontal and overall health.
Dr. Turner, her husband, and their three children live in Venice. They enjoy swimming , kayaking, and many outdoor sports, and have enjoyed exploring their new home. Over the years, the Turner family has made dentistry and community service a family affair, serving together at Mission of Mercy service projects, and hope to continue this tradition in Southwest Florida.
- American Dental Association
- Florida Dental Association
- West Coast Dental Society
- Florida Association of Periodontists
- American Academy of Periodontology
- Diplomate, American Board of Periodontology
- Southern Academy of Periodontology
- OKU dental honor society
- Immediate past President Elect, Virginia Society of Periodontists
- Delegate, Virginia Dental Association
- Audit Committee member, Richmond Dental Society
- Chief Resident, VCU Graduate Periodontics Program
- 2017 Chief resident, VCU graduate periodontics
- 2017 Southern Academy of Periodontology, Billy M. Pennel Award in research
- 2014 American Academy of Periodontology, outstanding dental student award
- 2014 Induction into OKU National Dental Honor Society
- 2014 Certificate of recognition, Clinical excellence, General Practice
- 2013 Outstanding Student Leader Award, American College of Dentists
- 2013 Hinman Scholar, Thomas P. Hinman Dental Society
- 2012-13 Letter of Commendation, Department of General Practice, VCU SOD
- 2013 Edmond T. Glenn Fund Scholarship
- 2011-13 Merit Scholarship award for academic performance
- 2012 Gay-Vaughn Fund Scholarship, academic performance and leadership
- 2006 Lindsay Rettie Distinguished Student Research Award, ODU
- 2006 Outstanding Master’s Degree Student, School of Dental Hygiene, ODU
- 2006 Gene W. Hirschfeld Excellence in Dental Hygiene Award
- 2004 Induction into Sigma Phi Alpha Honor Society, Alpha Phi Chapter, ODU
- 2004 Honorary Banner Carrier. College of Health Sciences,
- Old Dominion University 100th Commencement Ceremony.
- 2004 Outstanding Scholar in the College of Health Sciences, ODU
- 2004 Valedictorian, School of Dental Hygiene, ODU
- 2003 Induction into Alpha Eta, National Honor Society ,ODU Chapter.